1. I have successfully pumped for little Julia Belén for a full year (I know she's not 1 until the 30th, but I'm not counting next week since we're on vacation and there won't be a need to pump). I will be honest, hate is not a strong enough word for how I feel about pumping. Especially this time around since I have no office at my job meant pumping in bathrooms, my car, empty teacher workrooms, constantly worrying that someone would walk in. But it is a sacrifice I'm willing to make for my daughter.
2. I made the decision to stop pumping after Julia Belén turns a year old (so technically, I'm already done since I don't work next week). Pumping has been becoming more and more stressful as I have not been able to keep up with my little jelly belly. I felt a little guilt at first in my decision, but I feel sure that giving up the pump will rekindle my joy in nursing.
3. I did 4-5 loads of laundry this week (I lost count) and there is only 1 left to fold and put away.
1. My family celebrated the marriage of my brother Carlos to his new wife Jenn! It was such a beautiful weekend, filled with such joy. I still get teary remembering hear my brother tell Jenn he loved her up at the altar, and how Jenn's love for my little brother is so strong that she was moved to tears.
2. I finished knitting one of the many Christmas presents that I set out to knit. One down and many to go. But one down!
3. We took down our Halloween decorations within a week of Halloween.