Wednesday, November 15, 2006

tsunami

i guess you can never escape some kind of kitchen mishap(s) when it comes to thanksgiving, even when it's not going to be at your house. andres and i are going to denver this year and his sister will be preparing us a delicious thanksgiving dinner. but tomorrow we're doing a thanksgiving potluck at the clinic and i'm bringing a turkey. i have to cook the turkey tonight so i wanted to brine it this morning. well, when you wake up nauseous, the idea of brining a turkey really doesn't help. but it had to be done. well of course my turkey didn't defrost all the way, mishap #1. but i brined it anyway. well, as i go to place the turkey in the brine (the smell of which did not help the nausea), it slips and cannonball dives into the pot, sending a tidal wave of brine all over me and the kitchen, mishap #2. it was EVERYWHERE!!! i froze in shock for a moment, not knowing what to do. now knowing if i wanted to cry or laugh. i ended up laughing because it actually was pretty funny. me, running around the kitchen putting papertowels everywhere, trying to keep the dogs from licking up the brine, my pajama pants hiked up past my knees. i had to mop the kitchen floor, which it actually desparately needed anyways, at 8 in the morning. definitely did not want our ant problem to get any worse. i think what made me most upset was that my milano cookies got ruined.

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Juli, I'm sorry about the mishap with the turkey, but your description is hysterical. If it helps, for some reason last night my dishwasher decided to leak lots of foam...

Unknown said...

Hasn't Sam ever seen that episode of the Brady Bunch?