Monday, September 24, 2007

superstitious and stupid sunday laws

i take the blame as being the one solely responsible for the redskins losing this past sunday. i did not buy the lucky beer, pacifica. i was so mad at myself because i remembered on sunday morning that i didn't buy any pacifica the day before and because of the sunday laws here in georgia, i couldn't buy it yesterday. i was nervous all day because i knew they would lose because of it. and sure enough they did, and it was an UGLY loss. 21 unanswered points. ugh.

andres makes fun of me for being so superstitious during football games. i try to explain that that's how it was when we were growing up, and now we're all like that. like last season, my nephew was "made" to watch the redksins because he was a lucky charm. or one super bowl year, my dad kept making my mom go upstairs because she would bring them luck if she wasn't watching and he would just pound on the ceiling in the basement to let her know that something good had happened (as if she couldn't tell from the shouts). and the sad thing is, it seems like the redskins can only do well if antonio is napping. i may be very superstitious, but i don't think i could go as far as to make my 4 month old son take a nap just so that my team wins. or could i...

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Dave says I hurt their feelings when I criticize them too much. And yes, he made me leave the room on Sunday because every time I left they did well.

Marisa said...

Oh yeah...what a heartbreaker! One yard away from the tie!