Tuesday, February 12, 2008

kids, gotta love 'em...

i have turned in my resignation at my current job. the hours, the drive, the caseload. it's been more than i can handle as a wife and mother. in changing jobs, i hope to spend more time at home with antonio.

it took a while to make the decision to quit because i really do love working with the kids. here's one of the reasons why, a conversation i had with P during his aquatic session.

P: when a grape gets all wrinkly it makes a raisin.

miss julia: that's right! do you know what it's called when a plum gets all wrinkly?

P: yes. a super big raisin.


i'm looking forward to the day when i can have such conversations with my own children. and now that i'll be spending more time at home, i'll make sure not to miss it.

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Hee Hee!
Julia, I know this is a big change, and I know how you love those kids. I'll be praying for them and you through this transition.

The Rose Queen said...

Julia, just dropped by to check out your blog. I didn't realize you had been doing it for a while so I'll have to come back and read the rest later. Congrats on your decision, I can't imagine having to go through changing jobs at this point in my life. One of yOur June mommy friends.