Thursday, August 24, 2006

Little surprises

The other day Andres and I were putting some laundry away. As we have no linen closet, we end up puting extra sheets and towels away in the guest room dresser. When Andres goes to open the drawer, we started laughing to see it was full of Easter candy wrappers balled up into tiny little silver balls.

It put a huge smile on my face remembering one of my sisters' visit in May. Them coming to visit was such a blessing. We had had a rough month. May started out with us dealing with an ectopic pregnancy. My Mom kept telling me that maybe it wasn't such a great idea for my sister and her 6 children to come visit, that it would be too much for me to handle in our 2 bedroom townhouse. But it truly was a blessing. I took some much needed time off from work and got to spend tme with the family. Poor Anna, who is destined to become a veterinatian, was traumatized by our trout farm experience. Really, bleeding fish may be not be the best thing for a 4 year old to see. But don't worry, we made up for it by going to the aquarium where there were plenty of fish that were very much alive. I got such joy out of seeing and being with my sister and her kids, and I was able to find new hope for Andres and I to have kids in the future.

Finding those little surprises in the drawer made me realize how grateful I am that my sister made the 10 hour drive (pregnant, without her husband, in a 15 passenger van with 6 kids under the age of 12) to come see us. Thank you Marisa. I love you.

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Love you too, very much, thanks for this beautiful post.

Claudia said...

Hi Juli,

Oh my dear sisters and their blogs.....you are so silly. I have a feeling that my kiddos could have also contributed to some of the Easter candy :) A cute story. It is always nice to have small reminders of what is really important in life.

Talk to you soon!
Love,
Claudia